“Boomers will be 25% of Massachusetts’ population in less than 20 years and the state life expectancy will be greater than the national average with the 85+ cohort being the fastest growing segment of society.” (State Office of Elder Affairs) So if you were born between 1946 and 1964 chances are great that you will be relocating in the not too distant future and we’re here to help.
Here’s what A Thoughtful Move will do for you:
Before your Move:
- Prepare your house to go on the market by clearing out the clutter and applying the finishing touches to make it more attractive to potential buyers
- Help you sort through your possessions to decide what to take, what to gift to family and friends and what to donate and arrange to have it picked up
- Coordinate appraisals of valuable items so you decide what to donate to charity and what to sell
- Contact movers to obtain estimates
- Pack for moving and work with movers to meet any special needs
On Moving Day:
- Coordinate the entire moving process
- Unpack the boxes in your new home so all you have to do is relax and enjoy your new surroundings.
- Set up the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom on the first day
- We’ll even make the bed!
In Your New Home:
We can continue to help you coordinate the services you may need from our carefully selected resource network —
- Art installation, carpentry, contractors-We can arrange for everything you need to make you at home.
- Set-up computer equipment, home entertainment center
- Anything else? We customize our services to your specific needs.